The Last of Us Patch 1.03 is now live, with the game’s multiplayer getting some major updates. The new patch adds a new multiplayer game mode called Interrogation, which is a 4v4, two-part objective mode where rival factions fight to locate and open the opposing faction’s lockbox in order to steal the supplies inside. Each team must first achieve five interrogations of players on the other team.
Players are able to acquire interrogations by shivving the enemy, or getting an opponent into the down state. Once your team collects five interrogations, your enemy’s lockbox will be revealed. Then it becomes a race to access and open the lockbox before the other team can obtain five interrogations and open yours. The winning team is the team that opens the opposing team’s lockbox first.
The Last of Us also had some minor single-player fixes for the “It’s me” and “By any means” cinematics in the Cutscene Viewer. You can view a full list of all the multiplayer fixes as part of The Last of Us Patch 1.03 below.
- Revive range has increased slightly (about 1 meter). It’s more difficult to crawl out of range when a teammate is reviving you now.
- Players can prevent opponents from finishing Executions/Interrogations so that the opponent does not receive Parts for the special Execution/Interrogation. The downed player will still lose their life, but this makes preventing Executions/Interrogations more helpful to your team, as you prevent the other team from gaining Parts.
- Matchmaking update: players should find opponents around their level of experience more often, and teams should be balanced more evenly.
- Item cache locations adjusted for balance on University, High School, Lakeside, and Downtown.
- Starting cameras adjusted so they show your player with greater frequency.
- Item cache disbursement tweaked so additional items are given out more fairly.
- Winning a Survivors match by a count of 4 rounds to 0 now means your team will get more bonus parts for winning the match by that margin. This applies for games with scores of 4-1, 4-2, etc. as well. Rewards are tiered by how dominant your team is. This system is in place for Interrogation mode as well.